Business Travel Tech Talk London, 16 October,
Business Travel Awards Europe, 30 October, JW
3rd Annual Business Travel Intelligence Summit
Portman/Clarity has announced its new leadership team following the acquisition of Portman by the Mawasem Travel & Tourism Group last month.
Redmond Walsh, currently VP UK & Europe at Mawasem Travel and Tourism, takes on the additional role of executive chairman of Portman/Clarity and CEO Pat McDonagh continues to report directly to Walsh.
The leadership team is a combination of senior representatives from both companies. “Their brief is to understand the core values and benefits of each business to form a new travel management company delivering best in class service, supported by market leading and innovative technology, increased buying power and international reach,” the newly-formed TMC said in a statement.
The new business will be the seventh largest TMC in the UK.
The rest of the leadership team for Portman/Clarity:
● Paul Casement, director of sales and account management (previously Clarity director of sales and account management)
● John Dick, director of operations (previously Portman chief customer officer)
● Sue Chapman, director of commercial (previously Clarity commercial director)
● Adrian Parkes, director of product and marketing (previously Portman commercial director)
● Jane Harrington, group head of HR (previously Portman head of HR)
● Matt Oates, group director of IT
● Mark Nevin, group chief financial officer
McDonagh said: “My first task was to identify the right people from Portman and Clarity who could come together to lead this new business. That process is complete and we now have in place a great team with a broad range of industry experience and a strong track record of delivering results.
“Working together, we will continue the process of merging the two companies, creating a market leading organisation that is greater than the sum of its parts, with an emphasis on the best people and the best technology to serve our customers.”
The leadership team has already met for the first time at Portman/Clarity’s HQ in Manchester, where they were joined by David Canavan, CFO of Portman, who will now be supporting Mark Nevin.
Q&A with Pat McDonagh