Union Unite has started a new ballot asking its BA cabin crew members whether they are prepared to take further strike action.
A vote in December in favour of a walk-out had to be dismissed, after it was alleged that proceedings had been unlawful.
Some 78% of Unite’s BA crew members voted in the December ballot, with three to one in favour of further industrial action.
This next ballot, which will close on March 28, will be the fourth in the two year-long dispute.
A BA spokesman told ABTN that apart from a tiny minority of hardliners, everyone now wants this dispute to be over.
“It is time for Unite to reflect the mood of its members and seek to promote discussion, not disruption,” he said.
“Should there be any further industrial action, we will implement our well-established contingency plans.”
BA has pledged to will fly a full schedule at London City and London Gatwick, plus 100% of its Heathrow longhaul operation and “a substantial part” of the Heathrow shorthaul schedule.
Unite claims that “systemic anti-union activity, the undermining of negotiated agreements and the vindictive removal of staff travel concessions”, is preventing headway in negotiations.
Len McCluskey, Unite’s general secretary, said: "If BA's management believes that it can secure industrial harmony by these methods it is living in a fools’ paradise.
“Only negotiation, not litigation or intimidation, can start to heal the wounds caused by this dispute.”