16 October, etc.venues Monument
30 October, JW Marriott Grosvenor House
1st November 2023, etc.venues County Hall
Birmingham airport has recorded its busiest ever July, handling more than 1 million passengers last month.
The Midlands airport saw passenger traffic increase by 2 per cent compared to the same period in 2014.
It was boosted by an rise in long haul traffic, which grew around 20 per cent in July.
Scheduled traffic accounted for 78 per cent of the total passenger mix at Birmingham, with charter making up the remaining 22 per cent.
Birmingham airport CEO Paul Kehoe said: “This is the twenty-seventh month of continuous passenger growth at Birmingham and it’s excellent to see the million passenger mark broken in July.
“We expect to see the next few months showing a similar picture as travellers choose from the many new airlines, new routes and additional frequencies that we have launched over the last year.”
Yesterday saw a number of other UK airports report strong passenger growth for July.
Read a guest column from Kehoe published in a recent issue of BBT.
Sign up to BBT’s twice-weekly newsletter