BTN Europe presents an overview of business travel and MICE predictions for this year
Virtual Event - 1 October 2020
ExCeL London - 22-23 June 2021
Marriott International has announced plans to open six Moxy hotels throughout Europe by 2015.
Moxy Hotels, which is a lifestyle hotel brand created specifically for the millennial traveller, will open new properties in Milan, Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt and Oslo.
Marriott International in Europe’s president and managing director, Amy McPherson, said the group is “hopeful” it can redefine economy travel for the “next generation of traveller”.
“Today’s global traveller is looking for a stylish travel experience with modern technology at an affordable price.
“The economy sector is the fastest growing segment in Europe, and we see tremendous opportunity to deliver a product that truly exceeds expectation.”
The following Moxy hotels are expected to open by 2015:
- The 162-room Moxy Milan Malpensa Airport, located at Terminal Two and scheduled to open in August, 2014
- The 317-room Moxy Munich Airport, located close to the main terminal and scheduled to open in spring, 2015
- The 190-room Moxy Berlin Ostbahnhof, centrally located near Ostbahnhof train station and scheduled to open in spring, 2015
- The 305-room Moxy Frankfurt Gateway Gardens, located approximately five minutes from Frankfurt Airport and scheduled to open in summer, 2015
- The 266-room Moxy Berlin Airport, located at the new Berlin Brandenburg Airport and scheduled to open in autumn, 2015
- The 229-room Moxy Oslo Exporama, located approximately 15 minutes from both the airport and city centre and scheduled to open in autumn, 2015
Each hotel will offer ‘Plug and Meet’ meeting spaces throughout the public space, which will have writing walls and large screens for presentations.
Marriot said it expects Moxy to reach 150 hotels within the next 10 years.