Where would you find Aston Martin car keys, a Spy”s secret dossier, a wooden leg and suitcases full of collectable spectacles from famous people, including Elton John?
Travelodge”s Lost and Found office, that”s where!
With over six million guests staying each year with the budget hotel chain, some other bizarre items left behind by its customers are false teeth, a pet dog, snake skin, a diamond, a bible containing ”250 cash and a diamond ring belonging to an ex-football player.
Travelodge chief operating officer Guy Parsons said: ”Each year our lost and found departments provide plenty of revelations. From racing bikes to Aston Martin car keys, our guests” lefts behinds demonstrate what a cross section of customers we serve. Whether they are making a quick stopover in one of our city hotels or a long weekend in the country, the property left behind could tell a million tales.”
The ten most bizarre items left behind at Travelodge:
1. Australian cycle racing team bike worth ”19,000
2. Spy”s dossier
3. Pet dog
4. False teeth
5. Porsche and Aston Martin keys
6. A hollowed out bible containing ”250 cash
7. A full six foot length of snake skin
8. Diamond ring belonging to an ex-football player
9. Two briefcases containing collectable glasses from famous people including Elton John
10. BBC ID card
The most common item left in a Travelodge room in 2006?
Mobile phone and chargers!