Virgin Atlantic is to launch a GDS tool for its chauffeur car service.
The tool, powered by Groundspan, will include the ability to leverage the existing GDS passenger profile data as well as inserting the completed booking into the GDS for a complete itinerary.
“The Virgin Atlantic functionality is added to the existing tool which is a great benefit,” said Groundspan president, Tony Bonanno. “The Groundspan tool automates the booking process for their corporate preferred vendors and now the Virgin Atlantic chauffeur car service in one environment making the overall experience for booking ground transportation more efficient and seamless.”
Virgin Atlantic chauffeur cars can be booked through Groundspan as follows:
- “Manage my Booking” Customer self-service booking website
- Once a customer has had their flight booked, they will be able to book their own car using the link in Manage My Booking via http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/.
- Via the Virgin Atlantic contact centre
- Customers and Travel Agents can have their cars booked on their behalf by the Contact Centre or Upper Class Support
- Using the GDS-integrated Groundspan booking tool.
- Once the tool is installed, the agents can make bookings directly in the GDS leveraging existing PNR data to creating a single itinerary including these services.
Sign up to BBT’s twice-weekly newsletter