The first wave of voting for the inaugural Business Travel Show Disrupt Awards has opened, with eight start-ups vying for the top prize.
The eight nominees are all under two years old and feature in the show’s Launchpad, introduced this year to provide a platform to show business travel ventures with “pioneering products and services”.
The nominees are Beepry, beTravelwise, DUFL, Flitways, JetHunter, Magicevent, Revolut and TravelPerk.
Following the voting, five finalists will pitch their products to a panel of judges in a Dragon’s Den style presentation, which takes place at 11:30 on 25 February at the show.
- Paul Revel, Editor Buying Business Travel
- Mark Cuschieri, ITM Chairman and Executive Director, Group Corporate Services, Global Travel Management UBS
- Jafles Pacheco, Head of Global Travel, OC Oerlikon Management AG
- Carol Randall, Head of Consulting, UK at Areka Consulting
- Achim Schmitz, Senior Director Travel Management, Adidas Group
The winner will receive a three-hour consultancy session with travel technology entrepreneur and investor Matt Ztio and the Travel Startups Incubator advisory team, as well as a stand at the Business Travel Show 2017 worth £8,000.
Voting is now open at http://businesstravelshow.com/visit/launchpad
Registration for a free pass at www.businesstravelshow.com
BBT is a media partner for the event held later this month.
Sign up to BBT’s twice-weekly newsletter