Here are the details of what exhibitors will be launching and announcing at the Business Travel Show on February 5-6 at Earls Court 2 in London.
For a full list of exhibitors, click here
Aegean Airlines (stand 406)
The carrier will be announcing a new route from Manchester to Athens twice a week on Saturdays and Mondays for the summer season from May 25– October 26.
Air Astana (A1)
The launch of the Almaty -Hong Kong and Astana-Beijing services.
Amadeus (Hosted Buyer Lounge)
Announcements and product launches include:
• Amadeus e-Travel Management user interface (new look and feel)
• First view of Amadeus e-Travel Management Mobile app
• Market launch of Amadeus Mobile Messenger (to cater for duty of care responsibilities)
• First look at Amadeus Selling Platform Connect (for TMCs)
• Free technology advice clinic from IT Consulting & Solutions team
• Amadeus e-Travel Management partner integration with Conferma (new hotel billback payment solution)
Amadeus UK will also reveal priorities for 2013’s corporate travellers with the launch of a new report entitled “Amadeus Business Travel Insights: the 21st Century Business Traveller”.
The Apartment Service (AC14)
The opening of three new Roomspace Serviced Apartments locations in quick succession:
• Ashmead Apartments, Ashford in Surrey
• New Manor House, Bracknell in Berkshire
• Jubilee Court, Horley in Surrey
The Ascott (236)
• Cavendish - refurbishment under consideration for 2014
• St Mark’s London, previously an unbranded property close to the City in a peaceful residential area, has been rebranded into the Citadines Apart'hotels brand
• The Citadines brand continues its upgrading process and will launch a new label in Europe; Citadines Suites and the first property to open under this label will be Citadines Suites Louvre Paris at the end of March/early April
• Citadines Sainte Catherine Brussels, Citadines Part-Dieu Lyon (in the first quarter of 2013) and Citadines Cannes and Citadines Lille (in the second quarter of 2013)
• Later in 2013: refurbishment will start at Citadines Place d’Italie Paris, Citadines Kurfurstendam Berlin and Citadines Ramblas Barcelona
Asia Pacific properties to open in 2013:
• Ascott Raffles City Chengdu (China)
• Ascott Midtown Suzhou (China)
• Ascott Sentral Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
• Citadines Jinshang Road Xiamen (China)
• Citadines Gaoxin Xi'an (China)
• Citadines Rasuna Jakarta (Indonesia)
• Citadines D'Pulze Cyberjaya (Malaysia)
• Somerset Victoria Park Hong Kong (China)
• Somerset Wusheng Wuhan (China)
• Somerset Puteri Harbour Iskandar (Malaysia)
• Somerset Central TD Hai Phong City (Vietnam)
Birchover Apartments (AC13)
• Enhanced corporate rates for local companies and their booking agents
• Improved range of hot meals and beverages, available from our Reception
Cabfind is announcing a new collaboration with a major TMC and award-winning software company.
New launch: Tulip Inn’s first UK flagship hotel located in the beautiful North Yorkshire countryside.
Tulip Inn York - Burn Hall is a Victorian mansion house near York and Easingwold, set in eight acres of stunning parkland. Located 11 miles north of York on the A19 and 13 miles south of Thirsk, the three-star, 94-bedroom hotel plans to build on its established reputation as a conference venue for corporate events.
Carey & Embarque (364)
Embarque is showcasing its new fleet of Prius Plus hybrid vehicles. Embarque has made the decision to change the entire fleet to hybrids in line with its commitment to reducing impact on the environment.
Carey Worldwide Chauffeured Services, the world’s leading provider of chauffeured ground transportation, is showcasing the change to the Mercedes E Class hybrid. This new vehicle from Mercedes will continue to allow us to deliver our premium-chauffeured service, but now in one of the world’s most advanced and clean luxury vehicles.
For customers in Europe and beyond, Carey will also be launching its new Multi-Currency service, providing quotations, confirmation and billing in euros and dollars with more to come during 2013. The service will be available via all channels including GDS and internet.
Carlson Wagonlit Travel (240)
• CWT’s Travel Stress Index quantifies the cost of stress-related ill health to an organisation. CWT research has shown that reduced productivity, absenteeism due to burnout and stress-related illnesses are the potential results of regular business travel on the stressed employee, and the Travel Stress Index allows travel managers to make better travel policy decisions that will impact positively on travellers and the bottom line.
• CWT HotelIntel is a new private travel review site that contains business-travel specific hotel ratings and comments from a company’s travellers. When travellers are heading to a location they haven’t visited before, it can be difficult to know which preferred hotel will best meet their business needs; CWT HotelIntel allows them to access comments from colleagues who have already stayed at the property on a secure, company-specific site.
Citybase Apartments (AC3)
• Citybase Agent Connect – access to live apartment content for agents wishing to book apartments for their clients. Full individual or agency account structure and reporting available online so no real integration required.
• Citybase Corporate Connect – access for corporate bookers to live availability and instant booking and confirmation online. This system allows you to build your own account structure and book and manage your apartment requirements for your company in one place.
City Apartments (AC11)
• Philpot House EC3 – new serviced apartment building with 36 one-bedroom and studio apartments, located directly opposite 20 Fenchurch Street “The Walkie Talkie Building”
• Free local gym memberships (3 month + stays)
• Free dedicated business broadband router in every apartment
• Three bedroom penthouse (Zinc House)
Click Travel (432)
• New mobile product
• Click Consulting - a new travel consultancy arm of the business
• A raft of new features for Travel Cloud 4
• Launching and showcasing Click Mobile, the first mobile access product developed entirely in-house by Click
Launching the $150 million Concur Perfect Trip Fund. Concur will be promoting its vision of The Perfect Trip by expanding the T&E Cloud through investments in innovative companies.
Deep Blue (AC18)
Launching the new ‘Flying Butler Service’ for business travellers, exclusively for guests staying at its serviced apartments in London. Tailored to each client’s requirements, the butler service includes transfers from any London airport or train station; grocery deliveries; additional housekeeping and a dry cleaning service.
Egencia will announce a full corporate rebrand to support its new vision and mission to make business travel "easier and better".
The TMC will be asking questions such as: if customers can have positive travel experiences for leisure, why shouldn’t they have it for work? Come to the stand to book an interview with a company speaker.
East Coast Trains (358)
• Launch of rewards loyalty scheme to TMCs and travel agents
• Modal shift campaign between Edinburgh and London King’s Cross
• Redevelopment of Wakefield Westgate Station
• Redevelopment of Edinburgh Waverley Station
Executive Serviced Apartments (AC2)
Launching a mobile website which will be ptimised so users can easily access information, prices, news and contact details on their mobile devices at the push of a button. ESA’s mobile website is designed to work on iPhones, Android handsets and other popular touch screen smartphones without installing additional software and is accessible via the mobile device's browser.
FCM Travel (130)
• Launch of new mobile phone technology capability
• Expansion of global network in Middle East, Africa, and Eastern Europe – new markets beyond the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa)
• Fare branding
• Finnair Corporate Programme
• Marimekko and Finnair collaboration
• Finnair Plus 20th year anniversary
• Two new routes - Helsinki-Xian in China and Helsinki-Hanoi in Vietnam. Both services will begin in June.
Hillgate Travel (330)
The TMC will be launching Gateway with Concur Expense – an integrated online travel booking and expense management and business intelligence solution. Hillgate will also be announcing the arrival of a new senior member of staff at the show.
Japan Airlines (112)
New business class seat, the JAL Sky Suite: a highly-private space with generous legroom; furnished with a fully flat bed with unobstructed aisle access for every seat; a host of first-class amenities and functionalities including innovative sleep gear from Weava Japan Inc; and fitted with a 23-inch personal TV screen, one of the largest in its class in the airline industry.
The tech firm will be demonstrating its new product KDS Neo for the first time in the UK. Neo is an intelligent travel booking system which organises the entire trip, from door–to-door and back again, with just a few clicks.
Enter where you need to go and how long you need to be there, and Neo will do the rest, choosing your travel and accommodation based on best prices, convenience and your company policies.
Layer Cake (512)
New product - Mr Travel, the first business travel security serious game. It is designed to “enhance employees' travel security in a fun and memorable way”. More information is available at mister-travel.net
Malaysia Airlines (Airline Pavilion)
The airline will become a full member of Oneworld on February 1, 2013. Passenger benefits will include extended frequent flyer privileges for Malaysia Airlines’ Enrich loyalty programme members across partner airlines, including British Airways, Qantas and American Airlines and access to 550 airport lounges offered by Oneworld member airlines.
M Trotter (T17)
The Swedish mobile solutions company will be unveiling new policy integration of ground transport.
Marlin Apartments (AC5)
The company will be celebrating its 10th anniversary
Premier Inn (160)
• Free wifi in its properties
• Which ?and Trip Advisor ratings
• Update on new openings and other developments
• Food and beverage offerings
Redfern Travel (610)
• Debuting version three of its flagship online booking portal Trips.
• Redfern Travel celebrates another first as it bags ISO27001:2005 accreditation for its information security management systems.
• Redfern promises to unveil a new ground-breaking integrated taxi booking facility
• New openings – Al Ghurair Rotana, Dubai and Abu Dhabi
• Centre brand expansion – suitable for the mid-market business travel market
South African Airways (564)
• New onboard celebrity chef Benny Masekwameng featuring inspiring menus
• New mobile check-in app
• New self-service bag drop kiosk at Heathrow in collaboration with Heathrow and Star Alliance.
The Trainline (T10)
Print your own: the first time that you can print your own rail ticket on to paper. The Trainline has increased the range of routes and train operating companies on which TMCs and corporate customers can offer print your own tickets (PYO) to their travellers. These are train tickets displayed as a barcode and printed on any home or office printer on standard A4 paper. PYO is now available on all Advance tickets for services operated by Virgin Trains, Cross Country, Greater Anglia and Grand Central.
Transaero is adding two daily flights to its Moscow (Vnukovo)-Heathrow route starting from April 2013. Currently, the airline operates a daily service from Moscow to Heathrow from both Domodedovo and Vnukovo airports.
Launching Goodspeed – the mobile hotspot for international travellers
Wings Travel Management (230)
Wings is building an enhancement to one of its travel tools, called Go Reconcile, which is a customisable product that aims to take the hassle out of credit card reconciliation.